Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gardening, Tennis and Patience

My tennis game last night was incredibly good. Yes it’s true, I could have spent time in the garden weeding and cutting back a few things (and it sure could use it!) but putting a little top spin on that yellow ball sometimes takes precedence. Actually, I am so torn between the two, I never know if I want it to rain or not.
I did get the grass cut before I played. I tried not to have a look at the newly planted peppers as I passed by them. I had told myself no more checking them out for another week. They looked so small the other day that I ended up picking up another. If I don’t practice a little more patience, I may have more pepper plants than I care to admit! Gardening is all about patience, and I need to practice that more or I’ll be making and eating pepper jelly until the cows come home!

1 comment: