Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gardening with Katie




Right now I am in need of a good manicure. This past weekend I weeded my garden and though I have numerous pairs of gloves and faithfully put a pair on whenever I embark upon the yard, I never seem to finish my gardening with them. Somehow, they mysteriously fall from my hands without my noticing. Sometimes I find them, most times not.
Last night was no exception to this strange phenomenon. My sweet, sweet granddaughter and I put in five pepper plants. (She says she would like to pick some peppers and I since I would like to make some of my famous pepper jelly, we ended up picking up some plants on the spur of the moment.) The planting didn’t take us long but apparently long enough for me to become gloveless. I looked over at Katie to see if the same had happened to her and found her stretched out on my bed of isotoma, blue star creeper. Ever since she entered my life she has brought new meaning to everything, even my garden. I really love how she views, interprets and utilizes it, all the while keeping her gloves on!

No comments:

Post a Comment